Author + Encourager
Hello–welcome, and thank you for visiting today!
I’m D. Linn Whorley, the founder of OneChild1, TinyDon Publications and the author of What I want my Child to Know . . . A Mother’s Loving Advice, a handy (teen / young adult) reference guide, written to facilitate a healthy understanding and subsequent avoidance of the pitfalls associated with living everyday life, to help and accompany young adults on their journey through discovery, and shape a wonderful future.
I am also a freelance writer and editor, and occasionally provide input to aspiring authors. My interests (obviously) are child development and providing guidance for new parents. I also write poetry and blog when I can find the time.
I live with my husband and our toy poodle—who shares our enthusiasm for living her absolute BEST life!😂
Let’s connect on Social Media today!
Lesser-known Facts About Me
1. I’m a part-time model and voiceover actress.
2. I enjoy morning and even walks with hubby!
3. I enjoy reality television.
4. I’m obsessed with Old Hollywood—and am a huge fan of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis!
5. I’m an avid “Night Owl” — some of my best ideas are born at those unGodly hours.
6. I hate to pay anyone for something I can do myself (hair, nails, make-up, car washing etc.)
7. I’m currently teaching myself to play the keyboard . . .
8. Love to cook, but my husband is better!
9. I participated in Runway Modeling and Jazz Dancing as a teen.
10. For 6 years I wrote and edited formal responses to Congressional inquires sent to the Department of Defense (DoD).
11. I’m a retired U.S. Army NCO and recently retired DoD employee.
12. I love all animals, yes every single one. All of God’s creations (from Cats and dogs to goats, sheep, cows, chickens, koala bears and even sloths!) and I love our world–God’s beautiful creation.
13. We’ve traveled to Alaska, Hawaii, Mexico, Germany, Paris, Italy, Bahamas, Dubai, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and many other wonderful places—but I’m most happiest curled up in bed with a good book or watching a classic “Old Hollywood” film!
“Nothing is ‘unattainable’ if we want it badly enough, and put in the work that is required” — D. Linn Whorley
💞#youths #encouragement #theworldisyouroyster #theskyisthelimit #sangimignano #roadto100countries
As a proud Army Veteran I pray for God’s continued Blessings over the many Men and Women of the United States Armed Forces ♡
Please leave a comment below if you are a proud military veteran–I’d love to hear from you! 🇺🇸